How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
1. Apply for admission to college by the due date.
2. Apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. Your parents should also apply for a PIN so they can electronically sign your FAFSA
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 2, 2015, or by the specified date of a specific college, some require the paperwork by the application due date. This form is required for all federal student aid eligibility and for the Cal Grant program.The FAFSA is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov or from your high school.
4. Complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (not required by every school, but by most private schools) by March 2, 2015, or earlier if specified by college. All students who wish to be considered for College funded aid must complete a CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. This form requires a processing fee and is available at www.collegeboard.org.
5. If you are a California resident you are encouraged to apply for a Cal Grant administered by the California Student Aid Commission.
To apply for a Cal Grant you must complete a FAFSA and a Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by the Cal Grant deadline of March 2, 2015. John Swett counseling office will submit verification electronically.
Please see Ms. Tassone if you have any questions.
*Please call the financial aid office of specific colleges for further assistance.
The PSAT Test will be Wednesday Oct. 15th
Please see the counselor Ms. Tassone ASAP to sign up